The Skirt This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Emily R.’s article “The Skirt” spoke to me because it talked about feeling out of place. I have been in that position, standing in a dressing room wondering why I’m trying to change myself. We need to stay true to ourselves whether we wear short skirts or are geeky girls wearing superman shirts. That part made me laugh – while reading the article I was wearing a superman shirt.

Let’s not force ourselves into the idea of beauty that society gives us. Let’s be beautiful in our own unique ways. Thank you, Emily, for letting other girls know they are not alone in the lonely dressing room.

noelleism said...
Yes thank you so much Emily, It is good to know there's others out there like you. :) :) !!!!!!!!!!

HallowBlood said...
Sept. 25, 2008 at 3:43 am
Very nicely put. I agree that we must stay true the the one person who will be there for you your whole life. Yourself. From beginning to end the only constant truth is that you will always have yourself to turn to:)