Writing Something for Teen Ink This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Turn on computer. Hum impatiently while it warms up. Open a word page. Sit there. Stare at the blinking cursor. Stare at it some more. Hesitantly type a few words. Delete-delete-delete. Tap your fingers on the table. Surf the Internet for a while. (You know, for inspiration. Sure.) Realize you've wasted an hour and a half. Return to the empty page. Smack your forehead and button mash to release your strained emotions:

poiretpoijg pO!@ogj +ofgj pworituv%;?

Much better.

Mentally rant at yourself. You have to write something. Something! ANYTHING! Think of your life. Think of your creativity. Think of your adoring fans waiting for your next article.

Okay, so you don't have adoring fans.

Start typing something. Feel that, hey, this isn't so bad. Get up and make that tea you were craving. Sip while typing. End up with a piece you cringe at the thought of people reading. Submit it anyway. Wait ­apprehensively for it to be accepted. Run around the house when it finally is.

Wait for comments. Check for comments. Hope for comments. Get a comment. Run around the house excitedly. Somehow ­receive more comments. Read them all wonderingly. Twice.

Feel good about yourself as a writer. Feel proud of yourself as a writer. Feel a little self-gratified about yourself as a writer.

Spontaneously get the urge to write something new.

royalujjwa4This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 14 at 6:57 am:
YOU ARE AMAZING!!  All of us here write, very few inspire. And you inspired me today. Wish I knew you in person :P Thanks for writing this particular piece, it brought that inner 'thing' in me to write again. 

aladine_98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 25 at 2:24 pm :
Royalujjwa4, thank you for making my day. :)  You overestimate me. But I'm glad that I could be an inspiration. I'd like to read what you produce! And it would certainly be interesting to meet you too. :p

Ray--yoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 6:12 am :
Overestimating? Well all your editor's pick and mag tags disagree :p And did you get your magazine?

YozoraK said...
May 18 at 6:37 pm:
This is me: *tries to write something other than poetry, ya know, broaden the horizen or something along that nature* *stares at sheet of paper or computer screen* *stare* *stare some more* *SSSSTTTTAAAARRRREEEE* *writes a poem instead* And yet I have no trouble writing these huge long comments on other people's articles.  Go figure.

ThatdaydreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 16 at 11:00 am:
Oh my god this is exactly what I do haha! This is brilliant, funny and so relatable, love your writing:)

andante said...
May 14 at 7:28 pm:
congrats, this is pretty catchy ;) i like the phrasing and your thought process. my favorite part is the mention of your many loving fans. you have one~

May 15 at 11:16 pm :
Thank you for such a sweet comment. I read yours wonderingly. Twice. :)  You honestly just made my day, andante. I think I'm gonna go run around the house excitedly now.