Humor Section This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I would like to start out by saying that I love Teen Ink. I think it is a wonderful way for teens to share their writing. It takes guts to submit work, and I thank the creators, the writers and the editors alike for making this possible.

This being said, I have an idea. I think the website is missing something. Most of the stories I've read are depressing or romantic, and there's nothing wrong with that. I know teenagers have a lot of feelings that they get out by writing. But I'm not a write-about-my-feelings sort of person. I write things that are funny (at least funny to me).

You see, my life's goal is to be a writer and performer on “Saturday Night Live.” In the meantime, I write funny(ish) short stories (and occasionally poems) that I post on Teen Ink. The problem is, I never know where to put them. I've submitted a few ­under “Realistic Fiction,” but that doesn't seem to fit. I've submitted one or two under “Romance,” but that doesn't work because they aren't really romantic pieces, just ­humorous stories that have couples in them.

I know I'm not the only one with this problem. I've read a few stories on this website that are incredibly funny. The problem is finding them, because they're mixed in with the normal sob stories.

So why don't you add a “Humor” section where all of the budding comedians or satirists can post their pieces. If you don't want to add a whole new section, you could add “Humor” as a subcategory to the fiction, nonfiction, and opinion sections. That way, those who feel like laughing could look there, and all us future Woody Allens could feel more at home.

Editor's Note: We'll get working on it!

Kriiistenify said...
I'm so proud of you Dori. This is a huge accomplishment! Great job! 

thankyoumrsloopner This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:26 pm :
Thank you! Everyone should check out Kristen's work. It's amazing. :)