The Modern Zoo This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I strongly disagree with Patrick K.’s article, “The Modern Zoo.” I think zoos are great places for people like me who are interested in animals to see them. I know a zookeeper at the Cleveland Metro­parks Zoo in Ohio. Zookeepers are very dedicated to what they do and have a passion for animals. They care very much about the animals.

Also, zoos are not just for entertainment, I go to the zoo and do not look at an animal for just one minute; I look for a long time, learning about the animal. How else is someone who is interested in animals supposed to see them? That is what zoos are there for – for the people who really care about animals and want a chance to see them in person. Zoo­keepers would not waste their life caring for animals if they hated them.

horsie_luver said...
I completely agree with your article. I want to get a job either at a zoo or as a veterinarian, so I love to go to the zoo to learn about animals.