It's Not Funny This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Nowadays, we teens will casually say “rape”and other words without considering that these are horrible things that actually happened to people. “Amy” is one of those victims. In “It's Not Funny,” she tells about being constantly reminded of her terrifying nightmare.
Every day and everywhere in school, you hear students making jokes about rape and sexual assault, not considering that it happens to people just like them. It is not funny to joke about something that can happen to anyone. Rape is a serious topic and needs to be taken seriously. People shouldn't just throw this word around.
I admit to having blurted out some of these jokes before. But now I am definitely inspired to take a stand when someone makes a joke about this hot subject. I also thank “Amy” for being brave enough to write about it. She does not need to be ashamed. What happened happened and it is the past. I hope this article inspires victims and other students to take a stand.