Rate And Comment, Please This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Rating and commenting are two incredibly effective ways to provide feedback about articles and artwork posted on TeenInk.com. You can rate a piece from one to five stars, and give your opinion and ideas to the creator in the comments section. These are great ways we can help one another improve our writing … except for the fact that they are rarely used.

My most-viewed piece has 71 views. It also has three comments and four ratings. That means that at least 64 people read it and then moved on. Don't get me wrong – I'm thrilled 71 people looked at my poem. But when we have such profound outlets that can help us as writers, why aren't they being utilized to their full potential?

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:04 am:
Yeah I get what you mean. I know that there are a lot of other writers out there with their own work too, but I wish that more would comment. I want to know if I need to improve or change something or if someone really liked my work. Commenting and rating helps the writer improve and grow as an artist.

pandagirl312 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:21 pm :
Thanks for the feedback! :)

ChobaniLuvinPenguinThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 31, 2012 at 9:01 am:
Again, I totally agree with you. Hopefully, this article will influence others to rate and comment people's work more. It really is important to give feedback, because it not only shows that you care, but it helps the author of the piece and the person giving feedback to grow as a writer. Thank you for bringing this point up. I think you have many strong views that are just dying to come out, so keep writing! You have a gift!

Oct. 31, 2012 at 5:54 pm :
I agree with what you said too. Thanks for all of these comments! :)

cayaTWThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
that's true  

Aug. 25, 2012 at 8:34 am :
Thanks! :)