Begging for Feedback This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Many of you who are reading this also post your writing on TeenInk.com. When I'm looking at pieces on the site, I often end up reading the comments too. Unfortunately, I often find pleas from other Teen Ink users asking the writer (and others) to comment on their work. I not only find this annoying, but rude. This section is meant for comments relating to that piece. It's impolite to use it as an opportunity to solicit feedback of your own.

A better way to get feedback is to ask your family and friends to comment on your work. You can easily send out a group text or e-mail with a link – to a specific piece or to your profile page on TeenInk.com – asking for comments. This is a polite and effective way to get feedback.

Ever heard the saying “To have friends, be a friend”? This applies here. I've found that reciprocating comments is part of the TeenInk.com user culture: when you leave a comment on another writer's work, he or she will tend to leave a comment on yours. I've spent hours on TeenInk.com going from user to user, reading and commenting. Not only do I find this fun, but it's nice when they give feedback in return.

Teen Ink is a fabulous resource for teen writers and artists. Getting feedback is always gratifying; seeing an e-mail saying that I have a new comment on my work always brightens my day. However, I implore users to solicit comments in a non-annoying, polite way.

By the way, feel free to comment on my work.

Love2Read72This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 3:57 pm:
I understand your point of view, but I personally disagree with it. One of the reasons that I'm on this site is because I want people who aren't my family and friends to comment on my work. I also find that people don't comment on your work when you comment on theirs, and you can't expect them to. When I've asked if they would comment on my poems as well, they usually do, no harm done. No one gets upset, and my work and their work get comments. I don't see the problem.

ImmortalRoseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 5 at 4:30 pm:
This piece is so true. It drives me nuts when people say that. Ive read a few of your pieces and they are stunning. Keep up the good work!

ChobaniLuvinPenguin This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Girl, you rock! I couldn't have said it better myself. Great job bringing up your opinions in such a strong, clear way! I must admit, your humor, sarcasm, and strong tone are enough to persuade the most stubborn of folks. Thank you for taking the time to write about what nags so many of us here on Teen Ink. I'll be sure to check out more of your work, because you totally deserve it!

pandagirl312 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 31, 2012 at 8:38 am :
Thanks so much for your comment! :)

leavesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 26, 2012 at 8:53 am:
Haha I'm still laughing after reading the ending. I completely agree with you! When I first joined Teen Ink, I actually thought it was just a thing you do. I did the "annoying stuff" on people's work. Then, I got one of those comments and it really made me angry. I guess you could say that I learned my lesson, and I'm glad I learned it fast. Thanks for bringing attention to this topic for the future newbies and the whole Teen Ink community!

Sept. 26, 2012 at 6:08 pm :
Thanks! :)

Imaginedangerous This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nice sarcasm at the end. :)

Sept. 7, 2012 at 10:14 pm :
Thanks! :)

pandagirl312 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Thanks! :)

maizyiscrazy said...
I completely agree with you. It is so annoying when people come on really good work and comment on it just as an advertising system.

Silver2blackThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 4, 2012 at 6:53 am:
Wow, Lots of your wrok is editor's chioce, I wonder how you do that? T.T Anyways I agree 100% with this Excellent article, And yes I will read more of your work! ^ ^

Silver2blackThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 4, 2012 at 6:55 am :
* how do you do...

Sept. 4, 2012 at 6:12 pm :
I like letters to the editor because they are not very popular, and I have had a lot of practice writing stuff like that for school. Thanks! :)

cayaTW This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
you're welcome. i just reread it. i see it now. 

i was about to say that last part was hypocritical, but you didn't write it on some elses work.  i agree with you about everything.   nobody has done that on my work, but i read the comments on other people's work and i see it a lot.  it is rude.

Aug. 20, 2012 at 3:26 pm :
I meant that last part to be kind of a sarcastic joke. Thanks for the comment! :)