Feedback on "The View from the Front Desk" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "The View from the Front Desk"

By Larisa GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
Larisa GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

The article, “The View from the Front Desk,” by Sarah S, is a brilliantly written Teen Ink piece. It shows so many different stories that come together in just one place. Taking place behind a receptionist’s desk at a nursing home, we get to be in the shoes of Sarah as she deals with nursing home newcomers to long term residents yearning for freedom. It is tough to be a receptionist there, especially befriending an old woman, only to lose her two weeks later. I think that her views about what she has learned at the nursing home, “live life to the fullest- while I have the ability to do so,” couldn’t have been said better. Within this article, it shows us that we shouldn’t take anything for granted because we never know if we’ll be able to see it again the next day. Not only did it showcase Sarah’s strong narrative, it displayed the diversity of the world, and how we should always be optimistic about everything. Reading the article is enlightening and I suggest that everyone should take a look at the piece because it is thought-provoking, inspiring, and will make us all a better person.