Welcome to America | Teen Ink

Welcome to America

June 4, 2012
By swiftheart GOLD, Houston, Texas
swiftheart GOLD, Houston, Texas
17 articles 5 photos 81 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If someone were to pay you 10 cents for every kind word you ever spoke and collect 5 cents for every unkind word, would you be rich or poor?"


This is in response to icefaerie10111's “Welcome to America”

Welcome to America: A land of opportunity, where a man on Welfare can make more money that a middle class man in a third world country. Welcome to America: A land paved in gold, where we are free to expand and reap the fruits of our labor. Welcome to America: “Liberty and Justice for all” where all are free to partake in its law; where the oppressed have a voice, and those in debt a helping hand. Welcome to America: A land for the people, where the cooperation serves and walks to benefit us. Welcome to America...where the legislative is chosen by the people and work for the people, Where the voice of the people is absolute, where our police officers risk all to protect us. Welcome to America: Where people and legislatures work hand in hand; where a democracy and a republic work to protect and maintain peace. Welcome to America: Separation of Church and State; where our political leaders are chosen with no influence by religious afflictions. Welcome to America: A land of freedom; where progression fights for equality, where women were granted full rights despite previous believes. Where freedom always took root; where freedom has been the key and the root to winning so many wars. Where freedom and equality is our motto; our drive; our all. Welcome to America; A land whose goal is to liberate all others, a land that knows that human happiness is key to survival; a land where those in pain are aided with versatility. Welcome to America; a land where the peoples voice essentially elects its leaders. Where Political actions are core to leadership and progression. It may not be a utopia, it may not be perfect; however, it is the closest thing to a utopia in the world. A country that proves to be a leader, whose knowledge is kept not in secrecy, but shared with the world. To ensure that the progression of the earth as a whole is possible.

Welcome to America; where those who read this article are the perfect exemplification of its progression, where its youth are knowledgeable, innovative, and versatile.


The author's comments:
Although I enjoyed your article icefaerie10111, I thought that you were missing some points including the fact that the U.S is far more civilized than most other country...and for that, we should be grateful.