Our Call of Duty | Teen Ink

Our Call of Duty

By AnnaBrown SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
AnnaBrown SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

By D. Carl C., Cumberland,RI
D. Carl C. makes a very important point that I feel should be observed more closely. In his article, “Our Call of Duty”, not only does he say what the soldiers duty is but also what our duty is as an everyday person is. We need to be more aware and honor those who are fighting for us. He recalls on times when he was the only who showed respect to the soldiers fighting for our country, when no one around him did. As he mentions in his article, “Too many teens take for granted for what we have been given.”

I agree with D. Carl C. that too many people, teenagers included don’t care enough to thank the soldiers fighting for our country. We need to honor them and respect them. Like D. Carl C. says these people have given up time away from their loved ones to fight for the greater good. He makes a point that people should think about simple questions before they decide overlook honoring Veterans Day. He asks “What language would we be speaking, what fears would we live in, and what virtues would we have?” People should recognize the importance of our soldiers and not take everything for granted.