"My Shinning Freshman Moment" | Teen Ink

"My Shinning Freshman Moment"

November 3, 2011
By Allyson Garrett BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
Allyson Garrett BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
4 articles 0 photos 3 comments

I felt that Bridget M did a wonderful job when she wrote My Shinning Freshman Moment, a story in the October issue. My Shinning Freshman Moment is a story about a girl who is in cheerleading and is getting ready to compete in a competition. In the competition, she has to memorize many steps and dance moves! Just as something terrible could happen, Bridget McFadden fixes it and everything turns out better. She does a great job in the competition and gets first place, along with her whole school!
I really enjoyed this story because it related to me in many ways! When you start to read this article it really makes you want to keep reading to find what is going to come next! I really enjoyed it when Bridget included all of the things going through her head. For example she said, “High V. Smile. Breath. Dismount. Run to new formation. Superman!” This makes you realize how much she has to know and remember just in one simple routine. I related to this story when Bridget said, “ We shout out the bus windows the whole ride back to the hotel.” Because it reminded me of when my basketball team won sectionals and went home yelling out the bus windows, “We’re going to state!”