Am I Really a Bad Writer? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I just checked my e-mail and found that another one of my articles on TeenInk.com got a bad rating. This is probably the tenth time this has happened. Don't get me wrong – I'm all for constructive criticism, and I know I have room to improve. Doesn't everybody? But when a person has the nerve to give an article a terrible rating without posting a comment telling me what I could do to make it better, I think that's rude – period.

My purpose in using TeenInk.com (and I imagine most users would agree) is to improve my writing. I don't want to know if it's good or bad. I want to know why it's good or bad. Is that too much to ask?

Godinspiresher43This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 17 at 6:43 pm:
I hate that too. Ugh! It's like I don't know what they don't like about it. LOVE this article btw. :)

flyingpinkgiraffes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 18 at 9:39 am :
Yeah it's super annoying! Thanks for commenting I'm hoping more people will see this and think about critisizing (spelling? haha) more constructivley :)

Godinspiresher43This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 19 at 7:15 pm :
no problem. I love the feeling when someone else commented on my poem one time so I know how much it means sometimes to other people. Any time. :)

flyingpinkgiraffes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 19, 2013 at 9:27 am:
I just hope that people will realize how important it is to be constructive after they read this. I don't mind bad ratings, I just would like to know what I could do to improve :)

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 19, 2013 at 1:35 am:
I'm sorry about the bad ratings :( 

Sept. 19, 2013 at 9:28 am :
sorry that new comment I made above ^ was suppoosed to be a reply to you

BeyondTheBrooke said...
I like that you wrote this...im kinda surprised that it got published tho. did u want it to get published? i agree with what youve said tho

omg my name's julia too!!!! sorry about that i saw your username and got excited a bit....

Nov. 17, 2011 at 5:29 pm :

I meant that for WritingJulia, sorry didn't mean to post a new comment...

TaurusGal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:36 am:
I totally agree with you

WritingJulia This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is what I wanted to say perfectly.  Thank you!

Loki17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Good point.  I'll try to comment constructively on your work in the future.

MyConstRuctd_IdentiTy said...
I think all TIers will agree with this one, giraffes. :)