Senses of the summer | Teen Ink

Senses of the summer

By Marcelle Alves BRONZE, Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
Marcelle Alves BRONZE, Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts

“Senses of the Summer” by Amber H. is a really extraordinary and an amazing piece about the way summer makes you feel and the excitement you feel through out it. The late nights, parties, smell of chlorine, gossiping with friends. All the mosquitos , waves lapping and how wonderful it all is.

When I saw in big letters “Senses of the Summer” right away it caught my eyes. It really caught my attention and then I read the first line and I had to keep going. I totally agree with the author on everything she said about summer. It really shows how great of a season it is,how counting the days till it comes gives you butterflies.

There was no better way to describe the feeling like the author did. My favorite line has to be “summer is about falling in love with yourself and those around you.” It just really says love who you are and those who surround you and enjoy your summer, which I totally agree with. Until I read this article, I didn’t know you could describe summer in such unique ways it made me love it even more.