Still Pending? | Teen Ink

Still Pending? MAG

By Leann14 GOLD, DeGraff, Ohio
Leann14 GOLD, DeGraff, Ohio

I recently submitted lots of articles to TeenInk.com and have been anxious and excited for people to read my work. Yet they have been pending for quite some time now. Will my work ever be accepted? It has been accepted before and taken quite a few weeks, but this time it's just too long. Can you speed up the process, please?

I have waited well over a month.

Leann14 GOLD said...
Leann14 GOLD, DeGraff, Ohio
I've never had an article published in this magazine before... its cool that they published this one but now I feel mean and like a complainer. :( I meant to put this under anonymous. Hopefully someday they can publish some of my actual work! lol

Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California

“I could give up, I could stay stuck, or I could move on, So I put one foot front of the other, No no no nothing’s gonna break my stride, “ –David Archuleta (The Other Side of Down)

Yeah! I totally agreewith you and LifeInTechnicolour ! It depends on the type of article that you submit and how much submissions the editors are reading. My work takes a lot of time to get on the site too but one time my article was accepted within a day so it isn't always the same.

IsobelFree DIAMOND, Hamilton, Other

"As long as there is open road, the familiar has the most formidable competitor." - Anonymous

Nobody worry! It's okay! Happens to me too. Doesn't mean they hate your work. Sometimes they  just have a lot of stuff to look over or whatever.

I've published like 50 articles or something. Some of them were published in a week. Some of them took MONTHS. And sometimes the ones that took longer were the ones that ended up in the print magazine. Also, I found out that sometimes when you put swear words in your work, it takes longer for them to pend :P

Well, anyway. Good luck to you guys! I'm sure your work will get posted at some point! :)

P.S. I've found that if you submit a lot of articles at one time, it tends to take longer.

P.P.S. I find it kind of funny that your piece was published in the print magazine, considering it's kind of a complaint to TeenInk :P

boklenhle GOLD said...
boklenhle GOLD, North Platte, Nebraska

Our scars tell us where we have been, but do not have to dictate where we are going.

I think you guys are right. They must hate my work. It's been way too long. Some of my first work, they published in just a few days.. now, it's been almost a month. I think they were eagar, and now they hate my work. lol. hope I'm not right.

icingonthecake BRONZE, Riverside, California
Therefore, the editors "ignore" my work.

I don't think they like my stuff.

Leann14 GOLD said...
on Jan. 24 2011 at 9:29 am
Leann14 GOLD, DeGraff, Ohio
I submitted THIS over a month or two ago!

on Jan. 23 2011 at 8:50 am
Pandora118 BRONZE, King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania
i agree. i submitted a few articles and have been waiting for a long time. can they hurry it up a bit.