Dear Litterbug This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I admire “Dear Litterbug” by Alyssa Baumann. It shows how lazy those who litter really are. The tone of this article is very sarcastic. Alyssa explains how littering is absurd, but she does it in such a way that she doesn't just say “stop littering, it's bad for the world,” but instead “the ground will be coated with apple cores, pizza boxes, and empty Gatorade bottles. It will provide the perfect cushion for peoples' feet.”

I agree that we need to stop littering. I love how Alyssa pulls in the reader and makes the topic intriguing. At first I thought, Is this for real? I wasn't expecting to hear how we could throw trash at little kids and old people and make it a game. Once I caught on, it made me laugh. You can definitely tell the anger the author feels toward litterers, and you definitely should read it.