Getting Published This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I have come to acknowledge that getting published in your magazine has to be the hardest thing that has ever come my way. I am more than sure it is harder than getting into Harvard, which definitely means something. I yearn to be published and have the honor of being in Teen Ink.

Every time I write a piece for you, I pour my heart and soul into it and yet, every time, I am denied. I give you passion and details, facts and numbers; what exactly is it you want? I spent hours writing my last submission and I was sure that you would find it ­intriguing and vivid, but boy, was I wrong! I’ve written reviews, stories, and my views on teenage pressures, yet none was good enough. I’m not one to admit defeat so soon in the game, but I don’t know what else to write that will seem majestic enough for your magazine’s stature.

Ray--yoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 1, 2016 at 10:41 am
I have been published many times in the magazine, but I can certainly relate to the struggle, especially considering poems. I guess we just have to keep writing and submitting until it pleases them (or us, or the readers.)

HMoranThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 22, 2016 at 12:33 am
Believe me, I completely understand. I've been trying for years to get published in their magazine, and so far, nothing. A lot of what I submit gets denied before even being allowed on the website. I know someone who's been published in their magazine so many times, yet I struggle to get one in there. Congratulations on getting published, finally, by the way!

raemarie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 24, 2015 at 1:39 am
oh my goodness i feel your pain

DerienShawn said...
I wholeheartedly agree with everything you're feeling; but I'm sure that knowing the difficulties involved in being published helped make the experience all the more gratifying for you in the end. Congratulations, write on, and I can only hope to have the same honor bestowed upon my work one day!

CruxClaire This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 28, 2014 at 1:12 am
I'm loving the irony here, what with this being published and all! I think nearly all writers who have submitted work in hopes of being published can identify wholeheartedly with this. 

Regoneth said...
The picture that goes with the article perfectly conveys what all of us feel like when our submissions aren't being published. :D

crazyzm said...
After she writes this, she gets published. Lol the irony. I hope I can get my photographs published soon though.

twizz98 said...
I feel the same way! i have published many pieces and still nothing!

KatsK This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really want to get published soon, but I don't know how. Each time I submit a piece, I think that maybe this one will be it. Then in the middle of the month, there is no happy TeenInk email. I don't know what to do. If someone could rate/ look at my work, if they honestly want to, that would be great.

aditipallod replied...
Hey, I'm checking out your work right now, and I can honestly say that your poems are amazing. I especially love your piece titled, "Injections". It's been four years and two days since this comment and you've been published six whole times -- so congratulations!

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 8, 2012 at 10:35 am
I know how you feel...many a time I have felt like beating my head asking the wall, asking myself, "What do you want?" But then I realize that the rejection is not necessarily a bad thing--it just makes me want to work harder. 

FreedomIsMyVirtue said...
Nov. 4, 2011 at 12:55 am
I like this article. And, boy, I know this feeling!

Jane3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I definitley agree with this article, you canliterally "pour your heart and soul into it" and not even get a comment from people its so tough! You just need to make friends on the site I guess to check out and rate eachothers work, then more people can appriceate your efforts!

MeLaNcHoLy_oF_mY_wOrLd said...
Jul. 1, 2011 at 8:06 am
Can somebody help me? I submited two pieces about 4 weeks ago, but still haven't even heard a denial. Do any of you know wats going on?

ChristopherK This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I read this letter to the editor in Teen Ink magazine and had to track you down because I could sympathize so much with you. (Also because I felt like the editor kind of slammed you down. "Patience is a virtue. Congrats! Here's your first piece in print!" That was cruel, sardonic, and just immature.) Sometimes I think Teen Ink just covers its eyes and chooses its submissions at random, because I've been working for months to get published with no result. E-mail me ANYTIME you... (more »)

JessieB said...

Ironic isn't it? The one article you write about how frustrating it is to be published is published. I'm half tempted to do the same, because I have the exact problem as you, it seems like my writing isn't good enough even though I've seen some other articles that show little talent. It's a tab bit weird.

great essay though, I completely agree with you. (:

ilovewriting95 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great article and I agree with you. What you also have to realize is that so many people submit to this magazine and want to get published so they have a lot of submissions to read so you should be thankful that they even read your articles, but I do agree with and see what you're saying.  I'm sure more of your articles will get published if you are patient and don't give up. Congratulations on getting this article published.

Katie_Grey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I completely understand how you feel! And of all the things for them to publish, they publish an email you sent them, right? It's frustrating!

the_remedy292 replied...
You know, it's kiind of ironic that this got published. Maybe it was done to prove a point? Anyway, I'm sure your writing is beautiful. Keep it up!