Getting Published This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Every time a student from my school gets published in Teen Ink, it's broadcast during mid-day announcements. Over the last two and a half years, I've noticed that in my school, the people who get published once are sure to get published again, and again, and maybe even again. I cannot understand why there seems to be an elite group.

Perhaps when someone is published, their next piece is read thoroughly because readers assume this one will also be good. Or, more likely, the readers hastily shuffle through submissions, pulling out any work with a name they recognize, then reading only those. Of course some other works must be pulled out or there would never be any first-time authors, but it seems these people do not get as much of a chance as they should.

Editor's note: We have a team of readers around the country who carefully review every one of the almost 100,000 submissions we ­receive each year. Teens who get published frequently usually submit more often, but they are definitely not given special treatment. We encourage all of our writers to keep sending their work!

Eilatan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i get what you mean, i'm still trying to get 'discovered' by the editors. i hope the note after the article is true.

Peque replied...
I hope you get your chance!!!

Eilatan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

thank you!

i hope you get you chance as well. maybe we can comment on and rate eachother's work...?!?

Horsewriterlol This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I never thought about this. Good job.

marinashutup This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I thought that too, but I guess not according to the editors note. What you're saying does make sense though.

Peque replied...
I highly doubt the truth of it, because I have sent in 6 submissions by mail and I forgot how much on here, and the people who get published at my school send in one.  And besides, rants like this are always getting published- I had to save my english grade, =D