We Need Comedy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I come to you on behalf of the students inmy English class to ask if you could add a new section to your magazine:a comedy section.

The first reason we think you should add acomedy section is that a lot of the students in my class have writtenstuff that is really funny that I think would make it into this section.The second reason is that this new section would add smiles toreaders’ faces.

The final reason is I think a lot of peoplewould read this section. You might even need to make a separatemagazine, like your Poetry Journal.

I know what you’regoing to say: everybody doesn’t find the same things funny. Myanswer: they’ll eventually find something they think is funny inthis section.

You should really take this section intoconsideration. If you don’t, it’s okay because I’lltry something else.

Editor’s Note: It’s agreat idea to have more humorous pieces in Teen Ink. Remember, though,that we can only choose from the submissions that are sent to us. Wedon’t see a lot of funny stuff coming in, so rally your class tosend us some comic relief.

hannahcraig This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 3 at 4:23 pm
You should at least add a "comedy" tag. Whenever I search for humorous pieces nothing comes up.

Alia_TanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 8, 2011 at 11:54 am
I agree with this person! theres a lot of articles in the world taht are too serious, and to brighten someones day by reading a funny story would be awesome! although, comic relief is a hard thing to do, i'll try :)