She Has Cancer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

After reading the article “She Has Cancer” by Jane D., I felt a huge amount of sympathy for her. I was very sad to read that life would never be the same after she finds out about her mother's cancer.

I can almost understand what Jane is going through because the father of my dear friend was diagnosed with bone cancer. When I first heard, I was really sad and wasn't sure what to say or do to make it okay for my friend and her family, just as Jane felt when she first hear about her mother. She described this, “My mother has cancer and I am waiting for something to look like it does on TV so I will know how to act.”

Dealing with news this tragic is never easy, no matter the age. Jane wrote this article very well and really got across her point of how much her mother means to her and how this disease affects everything she does and will do from now on. I enjoyed reading this article and I now know that I was not alone in how I felt after hearing about my friend's father.