How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

By , Hainesport, NJ
It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 12, 2011 at 9:04 am:
dang it, i didn't know it could take so long. oh well....i can just hope that it'll get through quickly

B-star7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:38 pm:
I agree completely!! :P

iamawsome said...
Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:42 am:
THiS is great!  who else thinks so? let me know...HIT ME UP!!

hannybanana replied...
Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:45 am :
I agree.(:

eileentotheleft said...
Feb. 7, 2011 at 5:54 pm:
Poems tend to take longer to publish, whereas nonfiction stories don't take long at all. I think it takes so long so someone can look through and make sure you don't use innappropriate content. And there are more poems than nonfiction stories submitted, so...

BornAgain26 said...
Feb. 2, 2011 at 9:13 pm:
I agree, it has been a week and they have not published my story yet.

Norma-Bernard said...
Feb. 2, 2011 at 3:34 pm:
I am new to Teen Ink, and I was wondering, how long does it take to get your piece approved? I am dying to know how people feel about my piece, and it seems like forever!

Littlecupcakedancer said...
I agree!!!!!!!!

lyssa28 replied...
Jan. 26, 2011 at 7:25 pm :
they dont ever fix grammar errors & stuff, they just post them after making u wait an agonizing amount of time

thisisme replied...
Feb. 28, 2011 at 8:10 pm :
yup, and that comment is all the proof needed to back your statement...how did you ever get through English??

Authorgal98 replied...
Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:48 pm :

I don't want to fight, I hate drama, but could you be a little bit nicer? Comments aren't as formal e.i, you didn't capitalize anything. See, we don't try as hard. ^.^

(Sorry, I know you were probably joking but it doesn't read that way first time you see it).

lyssa28 replied...
Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:28 pm :
i was purposely being sloppy, and im in accelerated english (and i have been since elementary) and my essays have been reccomended for writing contests. xD

Authorgal98 replied...
Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:16 pm :
Congrats! Bet you desevre all that. :)

lyssa28 replied...
Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:24 pm :
thx :D I didnt realize how snotty i sounded until after i submitted it

Authorgal98 replied...
Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:27 pm :
No, you didn't. We're all writers on here, so most of us know how great that is and feel happy. :) Wow, I sound realllly stupid....

lyssa28 replied...
Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:32 pm :
nah, ur really down to earth, supportive, and positive

Authorgal98 replied...
Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:11 pm :
Aw, thanks! That means a lot. Hey, cna I check out your work?

lyssa28 replied...
Mar. 3, 2011 at 5:06 pm :
yeah of course :D

SparrowFeather replied...
Mar. 6, 2011 at 9:46 pm :
I love akward friendships.

Authorgal98 replied...
Mar. 8, 2011 at 4:19 pm :
Hahaha ^.^