How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

By , Hainesport, NJ
It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

xxWRITERxx said...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 5:15 pm:
your definetly right on that!

can_you_keep_a_secret said...
May 31, 2011 at 5:03 pm:
Well, just be positive. If they posted them immediately, your work would never be discovered(:

Aderes18 said...
May 5, 2011 at 1:58 pm:
I cannot tell you how much I agree with this person! The work takes like a month to get up on the website!! It's very aggrvating!

Kaitbryn replied...
Feb. 10, 2012 at 1:46 pm :
Then find a new site. I use several but I ALWAYS get more feed back from this site that those that are not edited before publishing. It also qualifies everything on this site as having "literary merit"

Neta613 said...
May 4, 2011 at 9:26 pm:
I think that the world is just not used to nice people lik Authorgal98 and lyssa28

xoteryn said...
I'm actually relieved to read this. I was worried I just wasn't getting approval because I submitted mine like 2 weeks ago and have gotten nothing in response lol

EllieGrace said...
That may be, but you have to understand that they get hundreds of articles every day. Which they then must consider for the magazine and more importantly, check for authenticity. Just be patient <3

Aduke9 replied...
Jul. 9, 2012 at 5:32 am :
I thought they used that write check program to check for authenticity.

3moh3art11639 said...
RIGHT! i know it takes forever

TheJustThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 8, 2011 at 9:35 am:
Something I've also noticed is it matters when you submit them. If you submit them right after the newest issue is announced, it will take longer because they aren't working on the next issue right yet.

ambermoore said...
Uhh yeah! Mines taken over a month now & still hasnt got put up!

PerfectlyMe said...
Mar. 27, 2011 at 7:07 am:
Darn! Well, I'm kind of new here and haven't even subscribed to the magazine yet...but I didn't think It would take that long. Great...

TheJustThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 30, 2011 at 8:58 am :
Honestly, it really doesn't. It mainly depends on the section you submit to and how much you submit. And even when it does take longer than usual, are you really gonna let that stop you from possibly getting published? :/

inspiredbytheworld said...
Mar. 18, 2011 at 6:30 pm:
I agree with karstarr13. I mean, my work doesn't take too long to be put on the site, maybe 1-2 weeks, but I agree that entries should be carefully looked over to make sure they're not substandard.

adam.c replied...
Mar. 22, 2011 at 2:02 pm :
wow..nice to hear it will take only 1-2 weeks to publish on site

2200 replied...
Mar. 22, 2011 at 7:14 pm :

Seriously? It's a website...it's basically a blog. The magazine doesn't take just anything, that's where the real competition happens. 

And I think it's ironic that you're commenting about how Teen Ink needs to be stricter on how well things are written on one of the most poorly written articles on here.

Aspiringauhor replied...
Mar. 23, 2011 at 6:49 pm :
Why would you post something if it wasn't your absolute best? You wouldn't want to be embarrassed. And that's what TeenInk assumes. And, to be frank, they are assuming correctly. I don't know anyone who would put a bad piece of writing on the Internet for all to see, even if it is anonymous.

inspiredbytheworld replied...
Mar. 24, 2011 at 1:26 pm :
Well, I suppose I agree with Aspiringauthor. I am proud of my work and believe that it is my absolute best. However, if someone thinks that their own piece is their absolute best, then they have only their opinion. To me, it is other's opinions that determine if you're a good writer or not.

Aspiringauhor replied...
Mar. 26, 2011 at 7:19 am :
That's exactly what I think. :)

karstarr13 said...
Mar. 16, 2011 at 10:59 am:
it took me SO long for my stuff to get on here! it was so aggrivating. And.. i mean, they pretty much take everything, which makes this not competetive at all. I think they should pick and choose what they publish.... but, thats just me LOL