How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

By , Hainesport, NJ
It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

ohmakemeover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sometimes it has barely taken hours for me, and sometimes it takes a month.  As long as it gets posted, I wouldn't sweat it.  Sometimes the anticipation is fun! :-)

RockGirl182 said...
I once wrote something that was not approved but I didn't even get a letter explaining why. And I understand your frustration, I have work that has been pending approval for about 1 month now... 

MissBookWorm This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree with you that sometimes submitted work takes a long time to be posted online but I think it's because the editors have to make sure that all the material is appropriate, before putting it up.

Anonymous17 replied...
How is that true? People write stories that have bad language in it, smoking, drinking, losing virginity...That isn't appropriate, yet it was published on this site.

ohmakemeover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Those things aren't inappropriate, they are a part of teen life that cannot be ignored.  What would be inappropriate is hate speech, pornography, etc. 

Anonymous17 replied...
To me the losing virginity is pornography and the bad language is hate speech. That's just my opinion; I don't want to offend anyone else.

JustSpaceyCasey replied...
You stole the words right out of my mouth. :)

maizyiscrazy replied...
No, these things that you are all talking about are a part of life, we have to accept that. They want to filter plagiarism, graphic images and articles.

Ramsha S. said...
On my previous account, my poem was taking so long to get published, like at least a month. And then for some reason, teenink won't let me log in to that account so I made a new one and posted it again. But of course it still hasn't been approved.. :(

xxWRITERxx said...
your definetly right on that!

can_you_keep_a_secret said...
Well, just be positive. If they posted them immediately, your work would never be discovered(:

Aderes18 said...
I cannot tell you how much I agree with this person! The work takes like a month to get up on the website!! It's very aggrvating!

Kaitbryn replied...
Then find a new site. I use several but I ALWAYS get more feed back from this site that those that are not edited before publishing. It also qualifies everything on this site as having "literary merit"

Neta613 said...
I think that the world is just not used to nice people lik Authorgal98 and lyssa28

xoteryn said...
I'm actually relieved to read this. I was worried I just wasn't getting approval because I submitted mine like 2 weeks ago and have gotten nothing in response lol

EllieGrace said...
That may be, but you have to understand that they get hundreds of articles every day. Which they then must consider for the magazine and more importantly, check for authenticity. Just be patient <3

Aduke9 replied...
Jul. 9, 2012 at 5:32 am
I thought they used that write check program to check for authenticity.

3moh3art11639 said...
RIGHT! i know it takes forever

TheJust This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 8, 2011 at 9:35 am
Something I've also noticed is it matters when you submit them. If you submit them right after the newest issue is announced, it will take longer because they aren't working on the next issue right yet.

ambermoore said...
Uhh yeah! Mines taken over a month now & still hasnt got put up!