How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

By , Hainesport, NJ
It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

ElkieLion This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Hey guys, I'm new here. How long does it usually take memoirs to be looked over by the editors? I'm sort of excited to find out what they think and I've been checking every day, but still nothing. What's the longest it’s taken you guys to get something approved or published? Thanks :)

maizyiscrazy replied...
Longest is usually artwork: that was taken almost a month for me! Everything is published on the website unless it is explicit or inappropriate.

Katsview This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I'm new too. I've only submitted a few pieces but they've been accepted in about 2 weeks or so. Hope this helps!

ElkieLion This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you.

eliana924 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It's really ironic that you're complaining about the standard of TI approving articles in such a poorly written article that shouldn't have been approved at all, in my opinion...just saying.

publicdomain said...
I do understand the work they put in but I would love if it only took around two weeks it sucks waiting for over a month to find out if the piece is good enough to get selected for the mag

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 13, 2012 at 11:32 am
Public domain, do you not understand how many submissions the editors get, and how low their staff is? Think about that, and then you'll realize tht they go through everything pretty quickly, and instead you should be thanking them

Kaitbryn replied...
Then why not hire more? I do understand why the wait exists, and that it is not really something to complain about, but I think it would be cool if those of us with VIP marks (or another, yet to be invented mark) could review pieces, without pay of coarse. Or even ask teachers on the advisory board to review them.

E.George said...
 Don't worry about your article. Ask yourself "What is the meaning of life?" It should take you a lifetime to answer so you won't have to worry about your article!

WILLS-SECRET-LOVERThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
***EVERYONE PLEASE READ*** sorry about the all caps, but i just wanted to get everyone's attention. Okay first, look at this piece, and think? Is it written well? Is it even true? Does it really deserve your comment? Sorry if this seems rude, but no. There have been pieces that have been censored, and even rejected. Not only that, but the editors look through to see which pieces should be given an Editor's Choice mark and which should be published. If there was no magazine for this site, I wo... (more »)

Annaklusmos said...
you have to give these people credit though. there are tons and tons of teens on this site and more each day. The amount of work they have to go through to give us a safe fun place to express ourselves is hard enough. then they have to deal with the printed magazine AND running a business too. It can be overwhelming, besides is'nt it worth the wait when it comes out and every body tells you how much they love it?

The_Typewriter said...
I agree that it takes a long time, but I also believe that it varies on what category you're writing for. Once I submitted two pieces at once: a short story and a poem. The short story was posted relatively soon and when an e-mail didn't come for the poem I thought: "I guess it is not going to get posted." However, a long time later it did get posted. As I said, it varies. 

Bushra G. said...
I was wondering... how long does it take for a piece to get accepted for the print magazine?

ohmakemeover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sometimes it has barely taken hours for me, and sometimes it takes a month.  As long as it gets posted, I wouldn't sweat it.  Sometimes the anticipation is fun! :-)

RockGirl182This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I once wrote something that was not approved but I didn't even get a letter explaining why. And I understand your frustration, I have work that has been pending approval for about 1 month now... 

MissBookWorm This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree with you that sometimes submitted work takes a long time to be posted online but I think it's because the editors have to make sure that all the material is appropriate, before putting it up.

Anonymous17 replied...
How is that true? People write stories that have bad language in it, smoking, drinking, losing virginity...That isn't appropriate, yet it was published on this site.

ohmakemeover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Those things aren't inappropriate, they are a part of teen life that cannot be ignored.  What would be inappropriate is hate speech, pornography, etc. 

Anonymous17 replied...
To me the losing virginity is pornography and the bad language is hate speech. That's just my opinion; I don't want to offend anyone else.

JustSpaceyCasey replied...
You stole the words right out of my mouth. :)

maizyiscrazy replied...
No, these things that you are all talking about are a part of life, we have to accept that. They want to filter plagiarism, graphic images and articles.