How Long Submissions Take to be Approved | Teen Ink

How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

ShernayB. DIAMOND, Southfield, Michigan

"Some things will never change"---Tupac

I sent in one article, that took two months to get published to the site. I was starting to think that they forgot about me and that it would never get published. While waiting, during those two months, i sent in another article. The first one that I entered got published to the site, but the other one just disappeared. I got no notice of it being disapproved and saw no signs of it. I'm still looking for it. What could be my problem?

Safeleo said...
on Aug. 19 2010 at 5:12 am
Safeleo, Iwakuni, Other

"Looking up into the night sky is like looking into infinity - the distance is incomprehensible and therefore meaningless."
-Douglas Adams

Was there anything in it that could be considered mature?

Safeleo said...
on Aug. 19 2010 at 5:08 am
Safeleo, Iwakuni, Other

-Douglas Adams

That's the problem, it takes forever to get your work approved, but they don't spell or grammer check it. I got really embarrased when they posted an artical I just slapped together without reveiwing it. I have so many mistakes on that artical. I wish they at least spell checked it.

earlybird_8 BRONZE, Roberts Creek, Other

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

I sent in a story and it took about two weeks. I think it depends on which section you send it in to. Like, if they have twenty Realistic Fiction stories coming in a week, those stories will take longer to read through than one Opinion piece on sports. I could be wrong though. Does anyone know for sure?

MaggieC BRONZE said...
MaggieC BRONZE, Raleigh, North Carolina

"If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you." -Winnie The Pooh

I don't like how it takes so long, and that Teen Ink owns your work and your words when it is published on the site.

But I love to share my opinions, views and ideas with everyone. I also love the feed back. And how this is all written by teens for teens. 

TanGem PLATINUM, Colorado Springs, Colorado

Love is not a feeling; it is a gift, an act, an ultimate sacrifice. -Me (Em)

Hehe. Only a writer would notice and comment on something like that. (;

LindseyM said...
on Aug. 14 2010 at 5:43 am

They published mine in 2 days! read my article

The Teen Phase is Just a Myth

Marlyre PLATINUM, Kalamazoo, Michigan

"when you cry, do you waste your tears?" Madonna

does anyone know if there is a max amount of work you can have on the site?? I already have several pieces up, but things i sent in months ago are still pending...

on Aug. 10 2010 at 12:50 am
Darkness95 SILVER, McFarland, California

"Carpe Diem. Seize the day!"

I'm new at this, and I just posted some of my work. I did't lnow that it took so long for your work to be posted. I agree with some of the past comments though, we should be able to rate our  own work and get it posted quicker.=/

Nevah GOLD said...
Nevah GOLD, Horseheads, New York
Inkpop is okay, but I mostly feel that it's a popularity contest, and from experience, people only really review your work with almost no criticism and then request that in return for reading your short poem that you read their long chapter story. I find the whole process rather frustrating, and I'm glad I finally worked up the nerve to join this site. I think that the fact editors read my work right away is incredible and I'm willing to wait.

UnderstandMEClearlyNOW PLATINUM, Fayetteville, North Carolina

Imperfection is beauty; Madness is genius. It is better to be absolutely ridiculous then totally boring~~Marlin Monroe

I think what needs to happen is to post our peices immediatly but even after they are posted the editors can still look them over and delete them, post them in a high ranking section, or just leave them the way they are. 

on Aug. 5 2010 at 10:24 am
OfficialApprover PLATINUM, Orefield, Pennsylvania

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
It's pretty easy to be smart when you're parroting smart people
-Randy Pausch

Good point you made.  And actually, one of my pieces just diappeared.  Wasn't accepted, but wasn't there anymore.

casey261 GOLD said...
casey261 GOLD, Hainesport, New Jersey

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

This is the author of the article and I've read a large handful of the comments. Thanks for letting me be the top article countless times, guys! I understand what everyone's saying, but there's a website called inkpop where you're posted right away and you have the chance to be reviewed by a HarperCollins editor. that proves that teenink could be a lot better.

Wordart SILVER said...
on Jul. 26 2010 at 12:10 am
Wordart SILVER, Arvada, Colorado

Hate is forgotten love.

Paranoya is the brute strength of fear.

Gum is sticky, like time.

Or mabey the 'reviewers' read it and pass it on up the line if they think its really good or has suspicious meaning, not that any of your material is suspicious I bet, and thats how they find the best work too.

Wordart SILVER said...
on Jul. 26 2010 at 12:01 am
Wordart SILVER, Arvada, Colorado

Hate is forgotten love.

Paranoya is the brute strength of fear.

Gum is sticky, like time.

I hope you are right Cassie, because one reason I joined was to get some real reviews on my poems, and it won't matter after a couple of months.

DifferentTeen PLATINUM, Seaford, Delaware

"There’s no such thing as true love, just spurts of insanity—falling over and over again, thinking that won’t happen to me"

Wow I've been wondering how long it takes to be approved and while I was browsing the site and saw this, I was so happy to find out but when it said 'months' I was like awww :(  I submitted something the first day I joined so I guess we'll see.

Sencere BRONZE said...
Sencere BRONZE, Annapolis, Maryland

Why am I fighting to live, when I'm just living to fight. Why am I trying to see when there ain't nothing in sight. Why am I trying to give when no one gives me a try. Why am I dying to live, when I'm just living to die.

I totally agree I wrote two poems and their still not up. I wrote the first one 2 weeks ago

everthought BRONZE, Vancouver, Other

"forever is the new now"
-anonymous

Yes I post some photos and I am waiting for them to be up! But then at least we know that the people of this website are actually reviewing our work :)

on Jul. 11 2010 at 2:28 am
sweet_silent_surenity GOLD, Puyallup, Washington

"The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved- loved for ourselves or rather, loved in spite of ourselves." -Victor Hugo-

yup yup. I agree. =3

live-love-laugh BRONZE, Asldkjfoi, Connecticut

"Happiness is learning to see beyond the imperfections"

I agree with Kisip_typical-Islander when she says that it's a really good deal to get a chance to be in this situation, to have peer reviews of work and a chance at getting work published. However i think to speed up the process they could have a 'moderating' system kind of like what MLIA, FML, etc. have, where users can go on and 'pass' or 'decline' articles and art. If a lot of people did it, we could have a 5-person pass system, where if it got passed by 5 users it could be published, but if it got declined by one or two, it would have to be read over by a teen ink employee. The employees would also be reading articles like they do now, and if they 'passed' an article it would automatically get published. Just to speed things up a bit.