How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

By , Hainesport, NJ
It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

Kelz1141This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
You know what wierd? When I first joined like 2 years ago it was like that for me, but now it only takes a couple of days. Maybe the longer you are a memeber it goes faster? I really don't know. Anyways, what I find truely frusterating is when I type a really long comment and then it either doesn't post at all! (reeeeeeaally annoying) no matter if i refresh the page and try again or anything I do, or it takes a long time to post (subtley annoying)

RallyR This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Well, it depends on where you commented. Usually on opinion pieces they take a while to get posted because they want to make sure nothing inappropriate gets posted.

ComeOnEileen said...
the 200th comment! i joined perhaps a week ago, and i've been checking My Work incessantly ever since. i posted a series of 13 photos on the first day, and i'm wondering if they might think that was overkill and only accept a few? i've heard of inkpop, good and bad, but i'm willing to wait a little longer here until i try it.

No way! Usually they'll post them all at once! Don't give up on Teen Ink...I was here for nine months before I got published the first time. They'll e-mail when they get posted...

FlawlessLawlessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
How did you know when you got in the magizine?

They e-mail you...

ComeOnEileen replied...
finally did get posted, and it took maybe a month. don't give up, guys. it's worth it.

Josey Rae replied...
Thanks RallyR! I sent something seven months ago and I haven't seen it since. Now I know that they probably didn't loose it or anything, or at least I hope so. Hopefully it won't take too much longer to get on this website.

wordsmith97 said...

Your right, maybe they can take a lesson from YouTube and just put every thing up, and if anything obscene is posted let users "flag as inappropriate".

MMAGirl replied...

Honestly, that would just be the opinion of who reads it. A lot of teens could care less about what's inappropriate or not. Teen Ink still needs control over its website and magazine. If they didn't, they could get parents mad at them and they wouldn't be promoted in schools.

Plus, has anyone heard of "patience is a virtue"? I had to wait several months for one article to get posted to the website and then two months later it was published. I could honestly care less about how long it ... (more »)

KrystalT replied...
It only takes me about a few weeks at a time. I'm currently waiting for 1 of my poems to be posted. It is titled "I believed you loved me. I think it might get in the magazine. That's my dream. I can't wait until its aporved! 

audreyhepburn said...
my first article -kill, kill, kill- got accepted about an hour after i submitted it, but then i submitted a few more, and they aren't being accepted... i agree, why do they have to be approved first?

Leann13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 6, 2010 at 10:17 am
Everytime I submit something it is accepted but it takes like two whole months!!! I am really anxious for people to read some of the new stuff I put up but I have been waiting forever for it to quit pending but it still is and it has been well over two months.

kemmie said...
i noticed that,,,,,,,,,its really frustrating

t.i.m.n_w said...
Oct. 30, 2010 at 3:34 am
it does?-i just joined today, and now i'll have to wait to find out if i'm going to get published or not?-i already waited a year to get on this site.........but thanks for the info.

BlackHoleHighAlumni This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 30, 2010 at 8:59 am
no, you have to wait to get posted to the website and usually if it's someone first or first few submissions they don't take too long. :)

jessica182x said...
Oct. 28, 2010 at 11:11 am
Can they reject it if they think it's bad or just if it has innapropriate content? :)

I think it's just for inappropriate content 'cause a lot of poorly written articles appear on the website.

Phantom_Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
They also reject it if it's in a language other than English...I didn't know that until my first poem in Spanish was rejected :(

Hm, I didn't know that. There are some bilingual poems. Maybe you could try rewriting it and doing it bilingual? just a suggestion...

BFG...BigFriendlyGingerxx said...
I think mine takes forever to be submitted because I have a tendecy to just keep writing and writing and submitting and submitting, then I get really bummed when I don't get the e-mail, then I distract myself by writing again thus the cycle continues :/ :L