How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

By , Hainesport, NJ
It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

Littlemustangfilly said...
today at 5:06 am
I think that if they are concerned about content then they should have a button you can hit (like when submitting to deviant art) that indicates that a story is not suitable for younger audiences. This is a platform for teens to share their work and because we are at an age where we are transitioning into adults we should be aloud to share content with more mature content. If they want to keep it real simple they should make a rule saying that we have to warn about mature themes in the beginning... (more »)

Littlemustangfilly replied...
today at 5:08 am
Excuse me I meant to say content w/ more mature themes.

StephanieMichelle98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 26 at 2:09 pm
@HaliBug same.. they wouldn't post mine because it wasn't appropriate for all ages

HaliBugThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 2 at 9:11 pm
I've been rejected before because the editors thought the content was inappropriate for the website.

K,J,K, said...
Awesome poem Rachel! Very inspiring words and wonderfully written. Ps....K

KittyKat1419This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree! You should not have to wait...I personally have never been in a situation addressing the fact that the work is not going to appear on the site. They should just put it on. But I guess in order to give awards (editors check, etc) you would need to read it over. But the magazine badge appears after something is added to the magazine. The waiting, I don't understand though. Great for you for addressing this issue and I hope they consider taking measures to fix it.

Maggie B. said...
how long does it take to be notified if your work gets published in the magazine?

simmone said...
May 6, 2015 at 4:44 am
Actually my friend recieved an email that her poem won't be published

Tiger2 said...
I just somehow deleted something from my iCloud and I can't get it back. But it's on teen ink (or at least I submitted it) but i can't get to the file. Is there a way to get to something I've submitted before it is posted?

ConstanceContraire said...
Oh yes, the art of patience :P

Regoneth said...
Patience is ultimately, my enemy. But, I see how hard it must be for the editor to go through hundreds of submissions a day. I shall use the time it takes for my first piece of work to get published to get to know Patience a bit better.

sanfranciscowriter said...
My first piece got approved within 2 days, but the two I've submitted heven't made it on in a week. Submit multiple works and they shuold find yours :)

OodthebeautifulandtalentedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I wasn't sure if you were saying that the website forgot to bleep out a curse word of yours, but I know that in one of my pieces there are bleeped out curses and one was not bleeped.  Maybe there are words they find appropriate even though they're curses?

Hmsath1214 said...
Mr .Susol sorry typo  

Hmsath1214 said...
i submitted a educator of the year like two months ago and it's still pending approval is it just me or does everyone have to wait this long Mr. Suso has my hand written copy  

XOBookishXO This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oh,  that means I'll be waiting a while. 

lkk4209 said...
 The reason it takes so long is because they recieve so many submissions, and have to read through all of them to make sure there isn't something that breeches the guidelines. One of my pieces was rejected before. I was surprised, because I didn't think I violated any guidelines, but I wasn't too upset about it.

RunnergirlAlli said...
Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:36 am
I acutally have just had a poem of mine rejected, and I have to say I was rather upset. But without roadblocks, you don't become a good climber. I don't however think things should be posted right away, that opens the door to plagiarism and we don't want that. 

YozoraK said...
I haven't had work rejected yet, but a lot of my poetry takes awhile to be approved.  Yet I think that because a lot of a certain type of writing is submitted at time that it takes longer for them to get through it, yet once they get to a whole bunch of someone's then it gets published in a bundle.  For instance, I've published at least 20 poems, and 17 of them were put under the Free Verse section, which I can guess gets tons of submissions a day.  Typically, I submit... (more »)

Lokelani said...
I didn't know your articles could be rejected, so obviously it's never happened to me. I was irritated with how long submissions took to go through when I first started Teen Ink, but now it doesn't take as long. A week is all. But I do poetry, so it makes a difference, as others have said.