What Does Teen Ink Look For? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Once a month, my English teacher assigns us to write an article to submit to Teen Ink. Most of the students stay up all night and try to write about an interesting subject that they believe will be published, but when they receive the next issue, their article is nowhere to be found. Can you please tell me what Teen Ink’s editors are looking for? Also, do you pick only a certain number of student writers from each state?

Editor’s note: In the simplest terms, we are looking for writing, poetry, and artwork that honestly describes the teen experience. The more you read Teen Ink, the more you will understand what that means. Also, keep in mind that there may be a number of months between when you send us a submission and when it is published. And, lastly, we do not have quotas by state.

PK4evr This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I understand this letter so well! I sent stuff in last December and voted every day for everything I wrote- which is over a hundred things. Finally, they published my review of their site in the last issue. I was really mad at first at them for not publishing my poetry or short stories, but now they're finally publishing one of my poems in the October issue. Just be patient- eventually, something may happen. Happy writing! -Natalie

sunshine04 replied...
Jan. 12, 2011 at 5:28 am :
if you write stuff like i wrote a letter written by a tree few days ago  so will they put the article online they say that we will tell u i submitted a photo they say the same thing i dont know how this site works  and can we make friends here . please help i am confused