Shelly O'Foran | Teen Ink

Shelly O'Foran

The writing titled “Shelly O’Foran”, written by Gina Nored, talks about a very invested teacher

Her writing left me feeling that this teacher is very caring and encouraging to her students

This article is about a teacher named Dr. O’Foran that loves to inspire and help kids in need. The author states, “she reached out to the student’s wo were behind, or those she wanted to encourage”. I understand why this teacher is so involved with her students, because she wants them to be the best that they can be. I see this throughout my school with lots of people good teachers and people helping one another. This article is well written describing why the teacher wants to be more involved with students and how she helps and encourages the students. Dr. O’Foran also tries talking with the students when there are any problems, “Instead of assuming this student was a slacker or apathetic toward school, she decided to address the issue with the student personally”. I am left with a question that if a student that is struggling with school and they decide to give up, she tries even harder with the student?