Feedback on “Liberals, Watch Fox News; Conservatives, Watch MSNBC” | Teen Ink

Feedback on “Liberals, Watch Fox News; Conservatives, Watch MSNBC”

By aliciaa-xl SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
aliciaa-xl SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

“Liberals, Watch Fox News; Conservatives, Watch MSNBC” by Rania Mullen is a distinctly political piece that focuses on bias, especially within the news. It discusses how by consuming content that contrasts our beliefs, we are able to understand different perspectives on a story and potentially learn even more from a situation. We should not be blinded by our opinions, but rather be open-minded.

I believe the message of the piece is essential to diverge society from tensions on sensitive topics, such as abortion and gun control. Considering how widespread media is in the modern age, it is the most influential tool to understand the world. One can take away from this piece that if everyone were to just put aside their differences and hear each other’s perspectives, the world could make greater changes.

on Aug. 23 2019 at 4:05 am
RaniaMichaela PLATINUM, Abu Dhabi, Other

"Don't watch what they say, watch what they do." ~ Rachel Maddow

Hi there! Thank you so much for reading my article. I’m really glad that the central message of the piece resonated with you and you’re absolutely right, if people just listened to each other without judgement, a lot more could be done about some very sensitive topics.