Cross Country Actually Exists | Teen Ink

Cross Country Actually Exists

December 3, 2018
By teresasalcido9 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
teresasalcido9 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The article "Cross Country Actually Exists" by Brooke Boughton focuses on the popularity of sports teams in high school, most importantly Cross Country. Boughton expresses that cross country runners do not get the recognition that they deserve, and I could not agree more. Popular football players are praised by everyone on campus from students to teachers. They are congratulated on breaking their four game losing streak and think that they're the kings of the school. If only they knew how minimal the amount of work that they do is. An average cross country runner runs an average of about 20 miles per week. Everyday is a long, never-ending run in the heat. They push themselves to further lengths everyday. Practicies at 6 a.m. before school are not a joke. Continuing with your day, attempting to function properly is a challenge, and cross country runners do not deserve to go unnoticed. Thank you Brooke Boughton for shinnig light on the situation.


The author's comments:

I am a junior at Independence High School and I am currently in Journalism.