Silent America | Teen Ink

Silent America

By K_Phan19 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
K_Phan19 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

I wholeheartly agree with Sambudda Chattopadhyay in the article "Silent America" because school shootings is one of the main problems that we have in America. No child should never have to go through this tragic day, especially a place where thery feel safe at. As a student going to school, hearing news that children are killed at such a young age from the most safest place to be at is indeed frightening. Knowing that school shootings are much more common today will always have myself thinking what if it happens at my school because you will never expect it to happen. My prayers goes out to all the families that lost their love ones from a terrifying tradegy. One of the quotes from the article that hurted my heart was "The girl's mind now stained by the sound of the gun." The thought of reading this quote was indeed frightening to hear what this girl went through. I will love to say thank you to Sambudda for addressing school shootings that are becoming common. No child should never feel frighten of going to school and no parent should never have to experience losing a love one. Therefore, school shootings should be taken seriously in America.