Pineapple | Teen Ink

Pineapple

By natallie-borg BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
natallie-borg BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

The poem "Pineapple" is insightful to the world of breakups and heartbreaks. Some may wonder why isn't this person opening up to me? or why are they so closed off? What happened to them that made them like this? The answer is simply because they have been hurt to the point of no return. I myself have never gone through a heartbreak, but have dealt with many people who had to endure the pain of one. Walls are built and destroyed and then built again, but some never fully are able to open up to another person the way they did with their last love. To other people, this poem could also represent someone important leaving your life such as a mother or father. In situations like those, trust is broken and you close yourself off while feeling worthless or not good enough. Although this is a huge issue in social life, it is sadly the inevitable. Everyone will encounter or be the person who is closed off. I am thankful for this poem and the opportuinity to realize the patience that must come with dealing with people who have been hurt.