Severe Acne with Teens | Teen Ink

Severe Acne with Teens

By HSayed BRONZE, San Mateo, California
HSayed BRONZE, San Mateo, California

Have you experienced or met someone who deals and suffers with severe acne? Teens everywhere are being bullied and chastised for having acne. I too have severe acne and can say that it hinders me to do things I love. I have had severe acne all over my back, neck, and face for almost two and a half years now and it stops me from being able to play sports due to the rough physical contact in basketball etc. There are many teens out there who suffer from acne like me and I want to share my experiences and my treatment so far. These acne lesions etc. made me very very self-conscious and I never told most of my friends about it and whenever they would slap my back to say what’s up I couldn’t bring myself to tell them. Acne is not fun and many people have acne and begin to hate themselves because of the acne. Although there is medicine for severe acne, sometimes it may not work. Talking with my dermatologist, she has told me that patients that didn’t get better after using the medicine started to get better without it. Although it’s rare, it happens. Many teens don’t want to seek help because they don’t want to be embarrassed or made fun of because of their acne. I know how it feels to live with severe acne, but trust me, seek help, because without it, the acne may get worse.