OCD is Not

OCD is NOT a disease that bothers; it is a disease that tortures. It’s like you have two brains - a rational brain and an irrational brain, and they are constantly fighting. OCD is like having a bully stuck in your head, that nobody else can see. It’s like being controlled by a puppeteer.

OCD is NOT cute, nor fun, nor quirky, desirable, cool or trendy. It is anxiety, and guilt ridden, delibitating, demoralizing, frustrating, embarrasing, exhausting and painful. It is a mental disorser. But you treat it like it’s something cute. Well, you were misinformed. Many people say they have OCD because they think just being a “neat-freak” is OCD. Well, it’s not. OCD is so much more than being neat.

OCD is NOT “keeping your house clean and neat” OCD is way more than that.
   OCD is NOT a joke.
   OCD is NOT something you can claim to have.
   OCD is NOT cute.

So before you say you “have OCD” remember it is a serious mental disorder, and not a quirky little joke.

WritingAddict03This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 23 at 4:43 pm
Thanks so much for putting this out there! I can totally relate and everybody needs to know that claiming they have OCD is NOT as glamourous as people think it is.