OCD is Not

By onceinalifetime BRONZE, Flat Rock, Michigan
onceinalifetime BRONZE, Flat Rock, Michigan

OCD is NOT a disease that bothers; it is a disease that tortures. It’s like you have two brains - a rational brain and an irrational brain, and they are constantly fighting. OCD is like having a bully stuck in your head, that nobody else can see. It’s like being controlled by a puppeteer.

OCD is NOT cute, nor fun, nor quirky, desirable, cool or trendy. It is anxiety, and guilt ridden, delibitating, demoralizing, frustrating, embarrasing, exhausting and painful. It is a mental disorser. But you treat it like it’s something cute. Well, you were misinformed. Many people say they have OCD because they think just being a “neat-freak” is OCD. Well, it’s not. OCD is so much more than being neat.

OCD is NOT “keeping your house clean and neat” OCD is way more than that.
   OCD is NOT a joke.
   OCD is NOT something you can claim to have.
   OCD is NOT cute.

So before you say you “have OCD” remember it is a serious mental disorder, and not a quirky little joke.

on Oct. 23 2017 at 4:43 pm
WritingAddict03 SILVER, Saint Peters , Missouri

Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Thanks so much for putting this out there! I can totally relate and everybody needs to know that claiming they have OCD is NOT as glamourous as people think it is.

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!