Skiing and Snowboarding Safety Issues | Teen Ink

Skiing and Snowboarding Safety Issues

Recently the report of accidents of ski and snowboard has been stacking up. In one report 25% is wrist injury and 14.3% is head injury, but head injury usually leads to death. Many of the ski and snowboard helmets are made to withstand 20 miles per hour, but many deaths are due to the speed of 50 miles per hour. Ski resorts needs to enforce the safety equipment or there will be consequences which could be serious injury or lead to death. Skiers and snowboarders die more from head injury than any other. There are several reports saying that the safety helmets skiers are wearing that died are due to their durability and not being able to withstand impact.

There are also very young skiers that are very excited to post their new moves to try be the next trend or something, but just risks their safety. There should be an age restriction for the young ones to be on the conveyor belt going to the top mountains since most accidents occur there.

This article is to help people understand the dangers of skiing and to be wary. Many people underestimate the dangers of skiing and if they do decide to go skiing they need to choose to go. They need to use durable safety equipments for deep impact.