Does the Use of Microwave Ovens Increase the Possibility of Having Cancer | Teen Ink

Does the Use of Microwave Ovens Increase the Possibility of Having Cancer

By Psquared GOLD, Poughkeepsie, New York
Psquared GOLD, Poughkeepsie, New York

If you want it, Go get it, no matter what it is in the way or the sacrifice for it.

Does the use of microwave ovens increase the possibility of you having Cancer? This topic is one of the biggest debates made by people and scientists all over the world. The invention called the “Microwave Oven” has been around for about 71 years now. This changed the human cooking style of today. This microwave invention made life quicker and better for humans, or did it? Many believe that this invention can increase the possibility of having Cancer; others say it is a myth. Cancer and Microwaves and the effect it has on biotic factors (living things) are all important in this question. Microwaves may or may not cause cancer.

One thing of Microwave Ovens is the use of Microwaves. The definition of Microwaves is an electromagnetic wave of high frequencies, 1GH3 or more, and having wavelengths from 1mm. to 30cm. The definition of a Microwave Oven is an oven that uses microwaves to cook or heat food. Microwaves use RF (Radio Frequencies) to cook food, so the microwave oven uses radiation to cook and heat food up. Microwave ovens can be harmful to the environment it is around, it’s more harmful when it’s broken or not in good condition according to greatest.com. Like all things that are made by man, they are 2-sided (a bad side and a good side). The microwave oven was made to make food easier and quicker to cook food, but it does give off radiation at low. Many believe that it does not harm us because the radiation is so low. But take a plant. Some time ago a person did an experiment of which plant would survive better with Microwaved water or Fresh water. The results came out that the plant with Normal or Fresh water survived much well than the plant that was given Microwaved water. So if microwaved water does not work for plants, how come it doesn’t affect us? In plants it messes up their DNA, makes radioactive compounds, and destroys vitamins, minerals, and proteins. Microwaves affect us in a way; one of the outcomes can be cancer.

What is Cancer? Cancer is a disease caused by an uncontrolled division of abnormal cells. Cancer can be called by gene mutations, smoking, radiation, viruses, cancer-causing chemicals (carcinogens), obesity, hormones, chronic inflammation, and a lack of exercise according to Mayoclinc.org. Cancer cells have the same structure as any other cell and the same organelles. Organelles of Cancer Cells: Cell membrane, Lysome, Mitochondria, Golgi apparatus, Nucleus, Smooth endoplasmic reticulum, and Rough endoplasmic reticulum. Tumors are the location where cancer is in tissue. The definition of a tumor is an uncontrolled abnormal, circumcised growth of cells in any animal or plant tissue. There are 5 stages to the development of tumors. The Stages: first Hyperplasia, second Dysplasia, third Carcinoma in Situ, Finally Cancer (Malignant Tumor). Hyperplasia is when altered cells divide in an uncontrolled manner leading to an excess of cells in that region of the tissue. Dysplasia is when genetic changes in the hyperplastic cells leads to increasingly abnormal growth. Now they no longer look like normal cells. Carcinoma in Situ is when additional changes make the infected cells or tissues even more abnormal. These stages can be cured because these are early stages of cancer development, also because these abnormal cells are in one area of the tissue which can be taken out without damaging the human body. The final development of Tumors is Cancer or Malignant Tumors; this is when these tumors have the ability to spread out into surrounding tissues. These tumors are very dangerous, many people with Cancer die from it. These are also not so easy to cure. Cancer first starts out as tumors, which can be caused by Microwaves. 

Knowing the knowledge of Microwaves and knowing the knowledge of Cancer, do they both play a role together? The answer is yes. Microwaves use on food messes up the genetic information or DNA of food and destroys the vitamins and proteins in it and replaces it with chemicals applied to the food. The Microwave oven swings water around in the food or drink about 2 billion times per second in the microwave oven. These machines apply radiation to the food through frequencies to cook. It harms plants, and if it is harmful to plants it is harmful to all biotic factors. The use of microwaves may not be that effective on us as it is on plants, but it does affect us in a harmful way which is Cancer.

Cancer is a harmful disease that claims to be non-contangious, but Microwave ovens make cancer spread. Some diseases don’t show signs till years later. Microwave ovens are quick but an unnatural invention to kill ourselves. If you want to live a disease free life, live healthy, start by getting rid of microwave ovens. Microwave ovens are dangerous; they increase the risk of having cancer at an old age, even though some of us are young, as we grow older our body’s immune system gets weaker. These ovens are dangerous, let Cancer not kill you.

Please comment if you agree! 

Cancer is not a disease anyone should die from, bu tpeople do. we can try to reduce Cancer by getting rid of Microwave use. Hint: Food on the stove taste better!