A Teen Living with Lupus | Teen Ink

A Teen Living with Lupus

By anitaw13 BRONZE, Punta Gorda, Florida
anitaw13 BRONZE, Punta Gorda, Florida

Living with a chronic illness that is internal is not easy. People can.t see how you feel and what the illness is doing to you, you always hear things like you don't even look sick or you seem just fine you can't possible be sick. But what they don't know is that you are actually feel like you are dying because the pain is just so unbareable. What they don't know is all long is took you to get up and out of the bed this morning because your body just didn't want to function. And just because you look fine or what some might say is great is because of course you dont want people to know that you feel like crap, especially when you are a teenger and you hate always telling your friends that you can't go out because you feel terrible. So you push yourself. You push yourself so much that your body just wants to give up. What people also don't know is what Lupus actually is they just think its just random thing the doctors say you have. Lupus is a chronic autoimmune disease that can damage any part of the body. It makes you feel very weak. And for me it made it to were I had to be homeschooled because I was also to weak to get up and function that I was missing so much school between feeling ill all the time or being at the doctors all the time. Finding out that you have lupus as a teenager isnt fun either, I lost a lot of friends because of it, and started to get really depressied and was never happy. I have been dealing with lupus for about 5 years now and yes I still have problems everyday but i'm actually in a good place now and I will still push myself everyday and stay strong. And I would love to get others aware about lupus. 

I'm a teenager dealing with Lupus.