CURVES UGLY OR BEAUTIFUL? | Teen Ink

CURVES UGLY OR BEAUTIFUL?

January 13, 2009
By Anonymous

There has been a controversy between skinny and curvy over they years. Some girls feel insecure about their bodies they think being a perfect size 2 will make them feel beautiful and believe curviness is fat. Curvy means sexy not overweight and not too skinny. As a theory to test this out male students attending Black Hills High School were interviewed based on their opinions about girls with curves. According to the poll 85% said they have to have curves, 10% said they like curves in the top or bottom and 5% said it doesn’t matter. Some of the guys had different perspectives on curves and expressed their opinions in unique ways this is what some of them had said about curves.


“Curves are healthy just as long as there good at a certain extent.”
“It’s good being healthy but also being happy with your shape”.
“Curves are healthy and good they’re better than being flat.”
“The shape of curves is athletic.”
How to have confidence in your curvy body.
Where outfits that make you feel good in your curvy body.
Don’t punish your body
Do not try to keep yourself away from food you can still eat, but dance and have fun.
Flirt a little bit but don’t over do it. Many young ladies need to feel strong, prideful, and confident about their bodies because there are many ways of being healthy and those are the main keys.

The author's comments:
I was inspired to write this piece by a question that had always been pondering in my head. I had always wondered if curves were ugly or beautiful? What many people's perspectives on them. Many girls today have curby bodies and think that it's fat and being simply skinny will make them beautiful. That's not true girls need to learn to love their bodies and accpet the way they look. Confidence is an important aspect too. It reflect who you are. Without Confidence people wouldn't be happy, strong, or bold. This piece helped me point out this issue. I have a natrul curvy body and I love my body. I think it's beautiful.