Issues and Solutions in School | Teen Ink

Issues and Solutions in School

May 19, 2015
By crazaypay44 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
crazaypay44 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up.


According to the American psychological Association teenagers have the same anxiety levels as patients in san asylums in the 1950s and many are not being treated for it. This anxiety is either coming from problems in school, problems with family and friends or emotional and mental instability. Such as depression, anxiety,Seasonal Affective Depression (S.A.D.), bipolar disorder and mania. Many teens in America suffer with all these problems but many teens don’t get the help and therapy that they need. Many times a teen will not need therapy all they need is to relieve stress but I mean how can teens do that when our lives are revolving around stress? In this essay I will be telling you how you can reduce stress just by making these simple changes in your life so that in the long run it saves your grades, reduces the risks of mental instabilities and also help you find ways to keep a good relationship with your family and friends.

 

Alright first off school issues we all have them sometimes whether we are loaded with homework, we don’t like our teachers, we aren’t comfortable in the environment, or simply we don’t have a lot of freedom which is true we do not get a lot of freedom. But there is a way to cope with all these negative things If you are loaded with homework always always always get it done before the deadline so that you are not loaded with homework in the long run it will decrease the amount of stress in your system. A lot of times we don’t really see eye to eye with our teacher and that type of thing is ok you just need to simply understand that teachers can’t be perfect. However there comes a point where it gets out of hand like when the teacher gives a significant amount of homework to do or if they make fun of you in class or if you seem like that one student that they just really hold a grudge on. When these types of things happen thats your cue to put on the big kid pants and have a mature meeting with the teacher. I can guarantee you that it will clear things up between you and your teacher.

 

Sometimes we really aren’t comfortable with being in school like the chairs are hard the lighting is horrible and it just doesn’t feel like home at all. This is one of the things you just have accept that yeah it isn’t the nicest place to be but it could be a lot worse. If you are really just not okay with being in the building like to the point where it affects your grades and attitude then there are some ways to swerve the problem #1ask to switch up your schedule #2 switch to online school so you can comfortably do it at home #3 personal tutor at home, those things are very simple to switch to and can make a huge difference on the way you see school as just a crappy building it’s not it’s education so do what you need to do to perform at your best. One thing I know every student hates is the small amount of freedom we have, but I have realized that as students we have to earn freedom by first being on lock up because once we get into college we have all the freedom we want!

 

Many teens also get very stressed out these days about who their friends are and just all the drama that happens these days because trust me the drama doesn’t end after middle school even adults these days have drama or rumors going around the office or something like that. Going back to teens issues with friends one main thing that just drives me nuts these days is how mean girls and boys are like it makes everyone feel self-concious and like they can’t be these own person, even the boys can be very judgemental! I don’t think thats very nice so if you are one of those persons who judges people for doing anything just remember that no one is perfect people do weird stuff and just let them do them and you do you and it will make life a lot better. A lot of teens including my friends and I just always want to have a big group of friends or just not to be the “loner”. But what many teens and myself don’t realize sometimes is that it doesn’t matter how many friends you have or what they look like or what they wear. What really matters is how they are as a person and if they are actually nice people to be friends with this is one of those things that I just tell myself “quality not quantity”. Having a good relationship with friends is really good to have because a lot of times family fails to be there for a person but when friends fail to be there that person has to find comfort from their family which can be difficult sometimes. This could be difficult because in some cases the teen or child doesn’t feel comfortable or safe talking to their parents or brother or sister because they could be abusive verbally or physically, or they just don’t get along with each other like they can’t have a civilized talk without it ending in yelling and slamming doors. If this happens to someone that person needs to get family counseling because teen years shouldn’t have to be that painful in my eyes. Parents of teens these days think they don’t have a lot of responsibility over their children because they just think well they can drive now and do anything they please so why should we have to look out for them? This is why so many teens tend to lose their bond with their parents because they’re just not ever around for them. Family and friends especially need to be there and understanding when their teen has a mental or emotional disorder such as depression, anxiety, s.a.d., bipolar disorder and mania. The reason why people affected by these mental disorders need comfort from their families is because friends and other people outside of home might not care for them as much or it’s just to hard to talk about to other people who aren’t as close to each other like their family is.

 

So if someone is suffering with one of those problems don’t ever be afraid to help them out because chances are they really need someone to be there for them. A lot of people don’t think it’s much of a problem and I used to think the same thing until I was a victim myself thank goodness I had my parents and brothers and a friend on my side. But sometimes the pain was just so unbearable and all I really needed was someone to be there for me.


The author's comments:

I also get very stressed with school and everything mentioned in that essay so it inspired me to write my opinion so that maybe everyone else who read could make chanfes in their life and be less sressed also.