School Stress Reducing Tips | Teen Ink

School Stress Reducing Tips

April 17, 2015
By sara mendiola BRONZE, Houston, Texas
sara mendiola BRONZE, Houston, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Homework, tests, studying, and all that tiring work you have to do for school. We all get stressed out, right? Well here’s some school stress reducing tips for you (according to everest.edu): Exercise regularly, either going for a walk, or working out in a gym. Exercise releases hormones that can make you feel better. Sleeping well may help with stress too, at least try to get 7-8 hours of sleep every night. I know most us don’t like sleeping early, but it makes you think more clearly, and it makes you feel more alive too. Eating healthy is another good way to reduce school stress, and it also helps you by feeling better. If you don’t get the proper nutrition you have to get, it can send your stress levels even higher. You can concentrate even better during that boring class that always makes you want to go to sleep. Talk to your teachers, not just your favorite one, but all of them. In times when you can’t get all of your homework done, try to talk your teachers. Just try to stay motivated and have good communication with ALL of your teachers, even the ones that you don’t like. They can probably help by extending due dates for you. Another way to reduce stress, which is way easier, is taking deep breaths. In times where you feel stressed out and you feel frustrated, just close your eyes and try to focus on your breathing. Take ten deep breaths, your breath in should be as long as your breath out. Eliminating distractions is another (probably hard) way of reducing stress. When you have your phone by your side and you are on instagram, twitter, kik, or facebook, you might not pay attention when trying to study for an exam, which then can cause you get stressed out if you didn’t study and you’re worrying about getting a low grade on the exam.


The author's comments:

What inspired me to write this article is seeing my friends stressed out about all the studying they have to do and all the homework. I hope people can actually get help from this article.