Should the Government Provide Health Care | Teen Ink

Should the Government Provide Health Care

By Shanerbater BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Shanerbater BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

We have wrongdoing in America right now and we have to fix it. Should our government be providing healthcare for all?  Some people think that they should  because people are dying all around the world because they do not have health/medical insurance. Other people think think that employers should provide health care. The government should provide healthcare because it will help with health insurance, help families in need, and it will help with giving the people of their country drugs and prescription pills.    

One example of how the government helps and provides for our country is to provide health/medical insurance. Health/medical insurance is an important thing because that is how people get discounts on their health bills.  It allows you go into surgery and actually receive treatment for things that you may not be able to do without health insurance. According to “Should All Americans Have the Right To Health Care” from, http://healthcare.procon.org/, “ Proponents of the right to health care say that in one of the richest nations on earth one should not go without health insurance. ” What this is saying is that our country has a lot of money and we can afford to let everyone have health insurance. 

Another example of why the government should provides health care is the government can provides drugs and prescription pills to those who need them and can’t afford them. The importance of that is high because you use pills and medicine when you’re sick like the flu or a cold, or even worse; cancer, HIV, or mental health issues.   From the source of,http://www.cdc.gov/,  “Diabetes is a chronic medical condition that effect one and ten adults in America.”  This quote means that we do have the medicine to help with that, but you can’t have that if you do not let the government in your life because they are the ones who provide health care and this falls into that category.  People with diabetes often rely on insulin several times a day.  This can add up to a lot of money.

The third and last example is that the government will help with families in need. This is important because what if your family members have a disease and the government can’t help with that, If they do not have the access to your medical history. From the source of, http://www.livestrong.org/,  “45,000 Americans are dying because they do not have access to health care because of its cost.”   This quote means that there are many people that are dying because they do not have the money for health care that is why we have Obamacare.

As we consider this abundance of evidence, it is clear that the government does improve the quality of your life by providing health care. A lot of research has been done and the facts and the evidence do not lie! It is a good idea for the government  to help with things in your life.  For example, my first reason, where you can save money,   because the government provides health/medical insurance.  Now, let’s think about if one day you broke a bone for example your arm and you needed treatment for it and when you went to the hospital imagine them saying to you “ sorry but you will have to pay full price because you have no medical insurance” Then again if you have medical insurance and they will help you and discount the cost. That is why the government should provide health care.

I think they should be involved in health care.

Shanerbater BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
You thank u I will take a look at that

Jaleel said...
thanks this really helped with my home work

on Dec. 27 2015 at 1:44 am
shanayamathur20, Delhi, Other
Nice article, really helpful, health is always an important issue, so your article is really interesting, also i found an article related to these winter fitness, you may find it interesting too have a look... under18.in/winter-fitness-fest/