Ask Emily | Teen Ink

Ask Emily

By Emily.canavan BRONZE, West Melbourne, Florida
Emily.canavan BRONZE, West Melbourne, Florida

Dear Emily,

I lately have been having problems getting along with my siblings, i feel as if it is becuase i am the middle kid: did you ever have that problem? I need to know how to not argue and just have fun. Do you have any suggestions? Also tell me some experiences youve shared with them, please and thank you (:

With gratitude, Lily

Dear Lily,

I know exactly what youre going through. When i was younger i would never get along with my siblings me also being the middle child. My sister not wanting to spend time wth me because what I wanted to do did not seem amusing to her and my little brother was too young to comprehend anything. Now that i have gotten older we argue alot less becuase i understnad what they are like and more open totheir ideas.

My sister and i ge along so well, she is my best friend. Now trust me we used to fight like cats and dogs. Some experiences? Well my favoirte thing to do is nothing, thats right, nothing! By that i mean just spending time with nothing to do like sitting and talking about our day , making jokes, or just driving around with nowhere to go just singing at the top of our lungs. When youre bored go and spend time with together because any time with siblings is a good time.

Now to my little brother, what a bother he is. Dont get me wrong i still agrue with him, but hwat are you going to do? Little brothers are crazy as anything. You just have to learn how to accept it.

So Lily, when you feel like arguing just rememeber all the goofy fun times youve had with them and approach the topic nicely. And if that does not work for you than you should seek help from a trusted adult. because honestly arguing with your siblins is such a waste of time because you wont have them forever so savor the time you do! i hope this helped you even in the slightest bit.

Good Luck, Emily