Anxiety | Teen Ink

Anxiety

By ninaelisey BRONZE, Mill Valley, California
ninaelisey BRONZE, Mill Valley, California

Be calm.

Negative emotions and nerves chill your bones and dances down your spine. Worry approches you, comes up and grazes your brain. Then it plunges deep into the abyss of day to day worries which turn into weeks, months, or even years. The nerves creep down your neck, suffocaiting you. My head is clouded with smog of the pressure that sociaty brings down upon twisted hormonal teenagers who don't fit sociaty's perfect image. My heart pounds inside my ribcage, beating it until it aches with worry.

This is anxiaty. This anxiaty may even take up hours of your day, just worrying. If you are feeling this I promise you, your not alone. You may feel like you need a break from the world. Image your in the ocean- The warm water is a translucent glisten bowl of gelatin, where you feel like nothing can stop you, not even gravity. But then a wave comes over your heard by surprise and you are tumbled into distructon, and that large ripetide is you nerves. You may feeling like your being drowned by your worries and are trying to gasp for life, to be happy again, or just to get out the the chaos that this is causing you. Trying to stay afloat is difficult when emotions are seemingly one step ahead you, all the time. It feels like you carry the weight of the world on your shoulders that you can't escape. But please, don't give up. You all are insanely beautiful. Everyone I meet is incredible, even when you hear the first words they speak to you that escapes from there lips is a "hey". I know this because if you can get past the human flaws that everyone has, physically or mentally, you will see how great they are. Imperfection isn't a bad thing whatsoever-it just helps shaping who you are. You can always atleast find one thing that is beautiful about anyone, wheather its their smile or opionion on life. Everyone has their own story, and don't let anxiaty take over yours. It will definatly effect it, but please, don't let it become you. I know you're strong, because if you weren't, you wouldn't be here right now.