Solving Real Problems | Teen Ink

Solving Real Problems

There are many problems in this country that we have but Ebola is not one of them. I can understand the concern about the disease if it was rapidly spreading in this country but it is not here. We have so many other problems like hunger, mental illness, unemployment, AIDS and many other issues. Our country is making people fear this disease when they have no reason to. For example, Kaci Hickox made everyone concerned when she came back from West Africa and refused solitary confinement. I think we should be concerned about people in Africa who actually have it instead of freaking out about it being in the United States. There does need to be awareness towards this disease just not this much. We could be putting our efforts toward curing a fatal disease that is alive in our country rather than being overdramatic about a disease that is no longer even in our country! 

Olaf.lover GOLD, Fairfax, Virginia

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain."

you are so right!! We should be foucusing on other things, not Eboloa... maybe that there might be a world war III? We don't really see subcutaneous.