Persuasive ad (Suicide) | Teen Ink

Persuasive ad (Suicide)

By Vince_Igitol670 BRONZE, Wheeler, Oregon
Vince_Igitol670 BRONZE, Wheeler, Oregon

Do your part and help stop suicides from being committed.  In the United states many people commit suicide because of depression, mental issues, loss of hope, made a mistake, bullying, frustration, fear, jobless and drugs. If you are thinking to take your life, think again or if you know someone that needs help call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.

Not only you can hurt yourself but you can hurt others too. Rolling Stone published an article on September 17, 2013 that discusses a mother Sheila, went through: ”knocked and knocked again in her daughters room. Something about the silence pushed a panic button inside her. She grabbed the first thing she could find to jimmy the lock. She used a  tiny metal rod at the end of her phone’s earplug and jammed it into the doorknob. Flinging the door open, she confronted a sight now permanently etched in her memory.”

Many Well known people who were loved committed suicide and are missed.
Robin Williams
Tony Scott
Whitney Houston
Kurt Cobain
Marilyn Monroe

Quote: “A much greater number attempt it -- estimates range from 120,000 to 750,000 a year. People kill, or attempt to kill, themselves in a number of different ways, from overdosing on drugs to shooting or hanging themselves.” opposingviewpointsincontext.com