My Friend's Story | Teen Ink

My Friend's Story

Cutting is a serious matter amoung teens. People can cut over family issues, social anxiety, or that they don't like how they look.

There were these two girls i know that got into an arguement, they were best friends, but Mckalla told Holly that she needs to stop telling everyone they were going to fight. Holly wasn't on the bus one day, so Clarisse was talking about Sophia with my friend Jasmine. She was saying that Sophia cuts herself and it is only for attention, that she doesn't actully cut herself, she uses a bobby pin. Then Jasmine said that I cut myself. Yes I'm Not going to lie I cut myself,but that besides the point. But the person in front of me, "joe" (He is friends with Mckalla) Must not have heard me because he said " People who cut across there arms are just "Attention W****s" And if there going to cut why don't they cut up there arms. they are the ones with the actual problems."

Not all people that are cutters are suicidal. Not all depressed people cut. Not all suicidal show signs like cutting. Every person has there own story, why do people judge own another. Why don't people judge themselves before they judge others.

This piece was inspired own a bus ride home. Later the Girl Attempted suicide, but isnow has help. I know I was stupid to not say anything to anyone, I know carry that own my sholder each and every day.  I'm Sorry.