Dengue | Teen Ink

Dengue

Dengue is a dangerous disease. Aedes Aegypti mosquito is responsible for spreading dengue.It breed in fresh water unlike the malarial anopheles mosquito which prefers any stagnant water to breed.In fact any mosquito that bites a dengue victim becomes a carrier.Dengue suppresses your platelet levels.The fatal dengue haemorrhagic fever has taken its toll nationwide.In fact dengue is the most common mosquito borne viral disease in the world.In rural area are highly susceptible to frequent epidemics because they are usually ignorant about sanitation.Another major reason for spreading dengue in some area is that they store water in open urns,drums and barrels, which act as breeding ground for the mosquitoes.Stagnant rain water also compound the problems.Using organic pesticides for plant also helps deter the laying of mosquito eggs.The mosquito lay eggs,which in two to three days become larvae, then four to five day later, evolve into pupae, and in another day or two day they emerge as mosquito .Which mean the life cycle of an aedes aegypti mosquito is a total of seven to nine days.

"Take care of the land and land
Will take care of you"

Clean environment is the key to health and happiness.

I hope people will get information from it that what is dengue and how it is spread.