The Power of Laughter

When you are down or feeling blue, the best cure is a nice cup of laughter. In many studies, this has been proven. Laughter is said to help lower stress levels, enhance oxygen intake, balance blood pressure, and just make you a much happier person.
According to Cancer Center, laughter has even become a therapeutic source. Today, more than ever, people are turning to laughter as a healing power. Cancer Center has studies that show that laughter can help boost the immune and circulatory system, stimulate the heart and lungs, improve sleep, and give a general sense of well-being. Also according to a 2005 press release from Eurekalert, laughing increases blood count and expands the inner walls of your arteries, which can help prevent heart disease.
Laughing is very contagious. With that being said, by spreading laughter it could not only be helpful yourself but also helping others around. Whether it be telling a funny joke to a stranger or just getting the giggles and making others laugh, it could spread around the benefits of laughter in everyday life.
From a personal experience, when I found out my beloved dog that I’ve had for eleven years was going to be put to sleep my boyfriend Josel cheered me right back up by making me laugh. It was very comforting having him make me laugh and to take my mind off of what was causing pain. Nothing else could have made me feel better about the situation which I was in. Laughter is a key ingredient to a happy, healthy soul.

Next time someone’s spirits fall, they can be picked right back up by spreading around the happiness laughter. When all else fails, the best thing in many situations is to laugh.

nonelse said...
Nov. 11, 2008 at 2:39 am
i always knew that laughing had to be good for you, it makes people so happy, but i'm glad there are medical findings to help guide me next time i try to tell someone jut to laugh. :) thank you

dumbo said...
I really enjoyed this article. After reading it I turned on my t.v. to comedy and ordered my favorite comedian from on demand. It is true, I started laughing so hard.I felt so relieved after that. its kinda like a good cry or a deep sleep. very relaxing. everyone around you enjoys a nice smile instead of a frown. enjoyed this article look forward to reading more from this author.