Those Poor Animals

This evening I went to a vegan bakery, and my life changed forever. At this bakery they had many pamphlets on various things, and one happened to be about the the torture animals go through, just to become the food we eat and take for granted everyday. As I read through the article it really hit me. I thought to myself about what a terrible thing it was, and I pledged to myself to eat less meat. These animals are caged in crates that barely fit their whole body. They are over fed and even drugged in order to taste like the food we eat. They aren't happy in life, in fact they never really have good days. They wake up and go to sleep in the same crates day after day, year after year, just waiting for that one day when they will become the food on our table. When I think about the torture that the meat on my plate goes through, it sickens me to eat the food. I can't eat it knowing what it has gone through. The deadly slaughterhouses were they are treated with such disrespect or the over populated farms they are raised on, make me want to quit eating meat. Not eating meat is hard, I know I can't do it, but I have planned to limit my meat in take and I encourage you to do the same. Together we can get these animals the right treatment that they deserve.