stress | Teen Ink

stress

By sudha medapati SILVER, West Windsor, New Jersey
sudha medapati SILVER, West Windsor, New Jersey

“Ring” the alarm shouts. You slap the off or sometimes the snooze button and tangle yourself out of bed. Brush our teeth; take a shower, put on some decent clothes. Then you pour milk and cereal in a bowl, and turn on the television and begin eating. Before you know it the time is eight o clock and your bus comes at seven fifty five. You start running and catch the bus, somehow. You go to school, stumble upon a test, do some work, buy some unhealthy lunch and come home. Finish homework, go outside, and eat dinner. Then we drop right on the bed at 12 0’ clock. This is the normal routine of a teenager.

As a teen we do a lot of work. For example, school, homework, sports, tests, competitions, books, and sometimes watching television. Whenever I go to school I hear at least one person saying “I had so much work yesterday”. This person usually does dance, advanced classes, reading many books, swim practice, and many more. Some of the mandatory things a normal middle school student does are homework, tests, reading and more. Some optional things include sports, competitions, advanced classes, watching television and much more activities. I have one thing to say about this. People usually get stressed more because of the work they do. Teens do so much work that we barely sleep. My simple solution, make your schedule easier.

How do you make you schedule easier? To begin with, tell your parents. They will understand you. They can help you organize your schedule and can make you feel a little less alone. Second, think about your school. if you are doing a lot clubs , maybe that’s why you stressed. So begin by eliminating some clubs, my rule is; so at least 3 or 4 clubs. Third, eat healthy foods. Eating junky can get you to gain alto of weight and makes you more tired. Eating healthy can add energy and make you feel good outside and inside. Next, make time to relax. Sometime you need to relax. Some ways I relax is reading a book, walking outside, playing a board game or sometimes watching television. Lastly, get some sleep! An average teenager needs at least nine and half hours of sleep. So start sleeping earlier.

As a teen we get stressed and tired easily. You can manage and change you schedule. Just remember to try your best and take things slow!