Why Weight?

It’s one of the world’s most talked about topics and nobody seems to care enough to do anything about it; Obesity. Rumor has it that America is the most obese country in the world. With McDonalds on almost every corner and a Wendy’s every two blocks away, how could you disagree with the facts?

Many people in the United States think “Obesity” is just another term for being over weight, which is correct but what they don’t know is that being obese can lead to diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease and gallstones; A stone that forms within the gallbladder. Obesity can be hard to treat so most people take the easy way out –or so they think- and get surgery done to remove all of the excess fat. As easy as it sounds to keep all that excess weight off, it is harder to keep the weight off than it is to lose i. There are commercials advertising weight loss pills, drinks or even powders that you can put in your drinks all across the world. One of the most commonly advertised pills to help you lose weight is Xenadrine. Everyone that has seen the commercial see’s Ron from Jersey shore’s muscular body and thinks just because he takes diet pills (which he doesn’t) they will look exactly like him. Not the case, he actually uses weight gainers to gain body fat to then turn into muscle. There have been numerous reports of heart failures due to diet pills because of everything that they contain. According to livestrong.com, the FDA (Food and drug administration) has banned the diet pill we know as Meridia because of it’s dangerous side effects including heart attacks and risk of strokes.
Not only is obesity a problem in the united states, it is a problem around the world. Since the 1980’s obesity has hit more than 40 million people in different countries. Countries such as Europe, South America and Greece. It is said that people with a BMI more than 25 is considered over weight. A BMI greater than or equal to 30 is considered obese. Obesity is preventable, all you have to do is get the right amount of diet and excersize through out your day and you will prevent it. Most say that an hour a day of being athletic really does help, some may not be able to workout for an hour straight. So here’s a helpful tip. If you are not motivated to workout for an hour straight you can always take a little break in between workouts and go back to it later, but keep in mind; although working out does help, it’s all in your diet. For more helpful tips you can go to www.livestrong.com and get free help!